Saturday, October 1, 2011

Come What may and love it:]

Today we woke up early, hopped on a train, and headed to Melk, Austria. When we arrived we took a tour of this beautiful monastery and then rented bikes for a 20 mile bike ride. The bike ride was beautiful. It felt like a story book. We rode through vineyards, apple orchards, pear orchards, all along the Danube River. It was seriously one of the most beautiful rides I have ever been on. We ended up getting lost when we were trying to drop off our bikes, and lots of people got angry. We were trying to catch the 4 or 5 o’clock train so we could make it back for the ballet we have tickets for. With us getting lost, we probably biked 5 more miles, and we missed both trains. I thought it was hilarious. It really reminded me of Elder Wirthlin’s talk “Come What May and Love it.” He talks about how he and his family would be road tripping and would make a wrong turn and end up 2 hours the opposite direction. Instead of everyone getting angry they would laugh instead. That is how I felt with today. So many people were getting angry, but I just decided to laugh. I thought it was funny and helped us grow closer together. It was a fun adventure, and we still made it back to catch the last half of the ballet!

The Ballet was so beautiful. It was at the Vienna Opera House which was surreal. Honestly, I was really worried that I was going to be so bored at the ballet, but I was completely wrong. I felt like I was in a fairytale watching it. The main ballerina in the pink tutu was amazing. Her legs were so straight and elegant. She was the most graceful thing I had ever seen. The last dance was so amazing it brought me to tears. It was magical. I plan on going to a lot more ballets while I am here. So many things here in Vienna are magical. I love this experience.

After the ballet we met up with Robert, David, and Oliver and went Salsa dancing. All of us were so exhausted from the bike ride, but the club was free so we decided to try it out for a bit. We walked in the club, walked underground, and I literally felt as if I had just walked into a movie. It was the coolest feeling ever. It was like I was watching “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights,” but I was in the movie. The club was totally Cubano and everyone was dancing the salsa or cha cha. We got there and we were all trying to learn the steps, it was a blast.
What we rode our bike through
All the grapes we saw:)
Beautiful View
Me in front of the Ballet
The Most Beautiful Dance
Most Elegant Dancer I have ever seen
All of us after the ballet
Salsa Dancing




1 comment:

  1. I am so loving reading about all the adventures you are having and it makes me so happy that you are having so much fun! Make sure you stay caught up, it's kind of like I'm there with you...well, no it's not, but I love it anyway!! ;)

    ReplyDelete