Right now I think Heavenly Father is trying to teach me patience.
Although sometimes I get driven crazy by it, and just want what I want now, I think Heavenly Father has a greater plan. He wants to teach me the way of patience.
I am actually really grateful for that.
I know I just have to put all my trust and him and then like Gordon B. Hinckley said "It'll all work out."
Without this amazing gospel, I think I would be going absolutely crazy right now.
This gospel is wonderful. I am so lucky to have it in my life.
Here are some quotes helping me endure with patience. (All are from Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
"Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"
“Patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!”
"Patience—the ability to put our desires on hold for a time—is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter.
"Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I love this. This is exactly what I needed to read. We're learning this one together for sure.
ReplyDelete