HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY:)
I just love this holiday!
Want to hear a funny story?
So my freshman year of high school I didn't have a Valentine. I was pretty bummed because I felt like EVERYONE had their significant other. I was sitting on the bus moping in loneliness when we drove past my house and it looked like there was something at my doorstep. I was so curious and excited! I hopped off the bus and hurried home to find a SECRET Valentine...for me! I was so happy! For once I, ELYSSE ALLMAN, had a Valentine!
It was this cute white teddy bear holding a heart, with a Valentine's balloon, a box of chocolates, and a note saying, "To Elysse: XOXO". It was so cute and I was ecstatic.
(This is almost exactly what it looked like)
My day made a complete 180 turn, and I was no longer upset that it was Valentine's Day. I was actually quite happy. I had a VALENTINE!
It was a complete mystery who it was from. I asked everyone I could think of and no one would fess up! Years passed, and I still never knew who gave me this gift, until...
Last year I was in my kitchen talking to my mom when I asked out of curiosity, "Mom, I never figured out who that secret Valentine was from in high school! I wonder who gave it to me?"
This mischievous, smirk lit up her face. She began laughing hysterically.
I was completely dumbfounded. I then responded: "NO!! IT WAS YOU! YOU GAVE ME THE SECRET VALENTINE! YOU GAVE ME THE VALENTINE THAT I HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHO IT WAS FROM FOR YEARS! I WAS SO EXCITED TO HAVE A VALENTINE AND IT WAS YOU THIS WHOLE TIME?!?!"
She finally caught her breath from laughing so hard and responded: "I don't know what your talking about!"
She gave me a devious smile, laughed some more, then walked away.
(I felt so stupid, and especially felt like this picture above) haha
Ladies and Gentleman, that is correct. The one Valentine I have had was from my mother.
hahaha I am not going to lie, at first I was mad! For those 5 years I really thought that I had a secret Valentine! I thought someone liked me! But, in reality, the whole time it was my jokester mother.
So, if you are feeling alone today, just remember one thing....
YOU ALWAYS GOT YOUR MOM:) hahahah
(My mom haha)
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Even though you might not have a Valentine, today is the day of love! Tell everyone you care about how much you love them. No need to be sad, just be grateful for all those amazing loved ones you have in your life. I promise that as you do that, your Valentine's day will be one of the best yet:)
Want to hear a funny story?
So my freshman year of high school I didn't have a Valentine. I was pretty bummed because I felt like EVERYONE had their significant other. I was sitting on the bus moping in loneliness when we drove past my house and it looked like there was something at my doorstep. I was so curious and excited! I hopped off the bus and hurried home to find a SECRET Valentine...for me! I was so happy! For once I, ELYSSE ALLMAN, had a Valentine!
It was this cute white teddy bear holding a heart, with a Valentine's balloon, a box of chocolates, and a note saying, "To Elysse: XOXO". It was so cute and I was ecstatic.
(This is almost exactly what it looked like)My day made a complete 180 turn, and I was no longer upset that it was Valentine's Day. I was actually quite happy. I had a VALENTINE!
It was a complete mystery who it was from. I asked everyone I could think of and no one would fess up! Years passed, and I still never knew who gave me this gift, until...
Last year I was in my kitchen talking to my mom when I asked out of curiosity, "Mom, I never figured out who that secret Valentine was from in high school! I wonder who gave it to me?"
This mischievous, smirk lit up her face. She began laughing hysterically.
I was completely dumbfounded. I then responded: "NO!! IT WAS YOU! YOU GAVE ME THE SECRET VALENTINE! YOU GAVE ME THE VALENTINE THAT I HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHO IT WAS FROM FOR YEARS! I WAS SO EXCITED TO HAVE A VALENTINE AND IT WAS YOU THIS WHOLE TIME?!?!"
She finally caught her breath from laughing so hard and responded: "I don't know what your talking about!"
She gave me a devious smile, laughed some more, then walked away.
(I felt so stupid, and especially felt like this picture above) hahaLadies and Gentleman, that is correct. The one Valentine I have had was from my mother.
hahaha I am not going to lie, at first I was mad! For those 5 years I really thought that I had a secret Valentine! I thought someone liked me! But, in reality, the whole time it was my jokester mother.
So, if you are feeling alone today, just remember one thing....
YOU ALWAYS GOT YOUR MOM:) hahahah
(My mom haha)Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Even though you might not have a Valentine, today is the day of love! Tell everyone you care about how much you love them. No need to be sad, just be grateful for all those amazing loved ones you have in your life. I promise that as you do that, your Valentine's day will be one of the best yet:)
haha i love your mom
ReplyDeleteI love this! my mom was always my Valentine growing up!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat story!! My dad was the only one who ever gave me Valentines until Mark came along! Now I get Valentines from my dad AND Mark! I am a lucky girl. :)
ReplyDelete