David got called to Cape Verde for his mission! He reports to the MTC May 5.
Cape Verde is 400 miles off the coast of Senegal! How cool is that?
I asked Dalton to the Dr. Suess Preference Dance! It was so fun. We went with Nicole and Hayden and we were all 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish! It was a blast!
Dalton loves the color blue so that is how I asked him to the dance:)
Hayden got his mission call to Sendai, Japan! He reports to the MTC June 30th..I think lol
Well the Hunger Banquet last night was amazing! So eye opening. I just want to do so much Humanitarian service before I get married. I am determined. I want to do something pertaining to humanitarian services when I get older.
So at the banquet you got split into groups.
70% of the people sat on the ground and just got rice and beans to eat representing world hunger.
20% of people sat in a chair and got a hot dog to eat representing middle class, or not exactly poverty stricken people.
10% of the people got a three course meal from tacano's representing the wealthy.
Nicole and I get there, and are all just so googley eyed with everything! There were African dancers, Peruvian Dancers, and Spanish Dancers. It was so neat. Before we got seated we went into this room showing all the stuff you can do to help. We want to help so much now.
Then this guy sat us down where we would be eating for our "dinner"
we thought for sure we would be part of the 70% and eat rice and beans..
but no! we got part of the 10% and we ate Tacano's! I couldn't believe it!! It was so crazy.
I was seriously flabbergasted.
It was so neat though.
Now I am determined to conquer the world:)
GREAT NEWS!!
MY MOM AND BROTHER ARE IN TOWN AND ARE ONE THEIR WAY TO VISIT ME RIGHT NOW!! I am so excited. I have missed them so much. We are going to go up to Sundance and snowboard today. I am so excited!!
Hasta Luego!
No comments:
Post a Comment