I have been really bad at updating. I just don't want to waste any time here that I have in Vienna. Time is running out, and I have to live up every last moment that I have.
Well a lot has happened since I last posted.
I traveled to Bratislava, Slovakia for a day...
Then I went to Florence, Pisa, and Venice-it was beautiful. I have a new thing added to my bucket list, and that is definitely backpacking through Italy. I loved Italy, the people, the food, and most importantly the gelato.
What an Adventure is what. Italia is bellisimo!!
As time is running out in Vienna, I cannot help but think about the past few months I have had here. It has been an absolute amazing experience. I know that I was suppose to come here. I just know it, and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to have this experience. I seriously feel so blessed.
Well Vienna has been so beautiful during the fall season. I don't think I have ever enjoyed fall so much until now. There have been so many times where we have just had leaf fights and jumped in huge piles of orange.
Now the leaves are falling, and Christmas has begun. Who says you can't start celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving? Luckily, here in Austria the Christmas markets have begun, and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love Christmas.
I am excited for Thanksgiving though, Raphael and I are putting on and American/Austrian Thanksgiving dinner for the YSA. I am really excited. We are going to play football before and then eating a traditional American Thanksgiving meal.
I have truly fallen in love with Vienna and the amazing YSA they have there. I was so happy that I have had the chance to get to know all these wonderful people. They have had such an impact on my life. They have touched me in such a way that I will never forget. I love Magdelena’s shyness, or Joel’s funny smirks, I love Naemi’s sarcasm, Oliver’s cockiness, Marvin’s laugh, Dago’s style, Robert’s kindness, Marsella’s reservedness, Arnulf's craziness, David's corkiness, Emmanuel's goofiness, Rebecca’s friendliness. They are all so amazing. They have seriously left an impression on me. I am so happy I came to Vienna just for the opportunity to meet them.
Emmanuel and Me
Naemi and I showing our Austrian pride
David, Emmanuel, and Oliver using ATL SHAWTY
Eric, Oliver, Emmanuel, Robert, Ashley, Ali, Naomi, and I clubbing
Eating Dinner at Arnulf's
O they are so great. They have made Vienna truly a special experience.
Something else I love about Vienna is the musical culture. Vienna is full of music. I love it. Everyday I go to class we hear the "Blue Danube Waltz" as we ride up the escalators to have a view of the beautiful opera house. Here is a clip of the way we walk to school everyday. I am constantly hearing beautiful sounds of different instruments and operas. I love it. We have so many opportunities to see different ballets and operas. My favorite was when we got to see the Opera Carmen. It was amazing. From all these musical experiences, I have grown to love classical music, and even jazz.
Here are some of the songs I have grown to love:
Carmen-Haberna
Carmen-Prelude Bizet
Johann Strauss II-The Blue Danube Waltz
Johann Strauss II-The Vienna Waltz
Louis Armstrong-La Vie en Rose
then this is not a classical song or jazz song, but this is the song I am most obsessed with since I figure Vienna is my Paradise.
AUF WIEDERSEHEN!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment