I am almost wondering "What Illness is next?" I mean who seriously gets sick with 3 different things in one week? haha
I figured out my schedule and I LOVE it!! My classes are wonderful and I love what I am going to be able to learn in all of them. Not only that is great, but I love my new job and my work schedule! It is weird not reffing, but it is so nice having a job that makes you feel important, and not like you are the biggest piece of scum on the planet earth (Basketball boys got intense last year...haha).
Last year I worked Tuesday-Friday from 6:00-10:00 pm. and Saturdays from 9:00 am-1:00 pm. The hours weren't the best, but I didn't think it was that bad.
Now I work Monday-Thursday from 8:00am- 12:00pm. Some of ya'll may think that is early, but I think it is absolutely perfect! I love being able to wake up early and start my day off right. The professors I work with are great, and I also have some time to get my homework done. It has only been the 2nd week of school, but I have never been so on top of things in my life! I love it!
Not only do I not work on Fridays, I don't have class either! I didn't even try to make that happen, it just all worked out. It is seriously so great. I love the tender mercies of the Lord. I know he is watching out for me:)
Being back at BYU has been amazing. I feel so blessed to be able to attend this University. I love the spiritual aspect about it. In more than half my classes we start class with a hymn and prayer. I LOVE IT! What a better way to invite the Spirit? We also have incredible devotionals, teachers, and Christian experiences right in front of us! We are so lucky! I feel like I haven't fully taken advantage at what I can learn here at BYU, so now I am ready to learn as much as I can.
Speaking of not taking advantage of things...
I have never been to a club night at BYU until now... This past Tuesday Ali and I went to Hip Hop club. I know every knows I am really ghetto, and basically black, but I have never felt so white in my life until I went to Hip Hop Club. You know what? I loved every second. It was a blast, an Ali an I decided to make it a Tuesday tradition. Am I excited? Yes! Am I finally going to conquer my dream in being able to dance hip hoppy? Probably not, but it is worth a try:)
Not only am I loving attending BYU, I love my new roommates. They are so sweet. The first day they helped me feel completely comfortable. I feel as if I have been friends with them forever. We are going to have a lot of fun this semester. We have already made so many fun plans:) haha
Well basically things are great. Last weekend was an absolute blast, this week has been amazing, and I am excited for my new adventures here at BYU.
Here are some pictures from the past weekend..

Disco Skating!! Anthony and Mckay were awesome and took Kiersten and I to the store to stock up on some meds. Poor Mckay got sick because of me:/ Whooops.

Most of the gang. Have I ever told ya'll that Brady, Matt, Daren, Kepler, and that whole apartment is just the greatest ever?!?
Sunday night I felt awful so Kiersten made me go to Insta care. Her cousin and his friends were nice enough to take us without even knowing me! When we got there they put on those masks so they wouldn't get sick. The kept sanitizing their hands too. haha It was hilarious.Well I want to end this with one of my favorite parts from a talk....
At the end of a particularly tiring day toward the end of my first week as a General Authority, my briefcase was overloaded and my mind was preoccupied with the question “How can I possibly do this?” I left the office of the Seventy and entered the elevator of the Church Administration Building. As the elevator descended, my head was down and I stared blankly at the floor.
The door opened and someone entered, but I didn’t look up. As the door closed, I heard someone ask, “What are you looking at down there?” I recognized that voice—it was President Thomas S. Monson.
I quickly looked up and responded, “Oh, nothing.” (I’m sure that clever response inspired confidence in my abilities!)
But he had seen my subdued countenance and my heavy briefcase. He smiled and lovingly suggested, while pointing heavenward, “It is better to look up!” As we traveled down one more level, he cheerfully explained that he was on his way to the temple. When he bid me farewell, his parting glance spoke again to my heart, “Now, remember, it is better to look up.”
Happy Thursday!!!
I will see you next week at Hip Hop club!! :D SO excited you're going!
ReplyDeleteAlso- glad you're feeling better & love that conference talk; it was my favorite from last session.
I went to hip hop club once! SO FUNNY/FUN! SO glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDelete