Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tender Mercies

After 3 weeks of Illness, I am finally back to good ol Healthy:)
What a wonderful feeling it is!

This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to go to the Provo Temple. I was running a little later than I expected, so I tried to hurry up to the doors. As I trudged up the hill from the parking lot, I looked to the left and saw one of my good friends, Kaitlyn Waters, from EFY. She is currently in the MTC preparing to leave to the Tuscon, Arizona mission. It was one of the happiest feelings to see her and her companion. Talking to them was so uplifting, and it made me even more excited to go do temple work.

I really felt like running into her was one of the Tender Mercies of the Lord. I left to the Temple later than I was hoping, and they decided to head to the Temple earlier than usual. These random acts of events led us to see each other! While talking to both of them, I was able to figure out a lot of things which I have been thinking about. It was just what I needed! Not only that, I entered into the Temple already having this feeling of peace and joy from the Gospel. Ah, what a wonderful experience that was. I love the Tender Mercies of the Lord!

David A. Bednar gave a talk about Tender Mercies, here were some of my favorite quotes from it:
"The Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men”.

"Let me suggest that one of the ways whereby the Savior comes to each of us is through His abundant and tender mercies. For instance, as you and I face challenges and tests in our lives, the gift of faith and an appropriate sense of personal confidence that reaches beyond our own capacity are two examples of the tender mercies of the Lord. Repentance and forgiveness of sins and peace of conscience are examples of the tender mercies of the Lord. And the persistence and the fortitude that enable us to press forward with cheerfulness through physical limitations and spiritual difficulties are examples of the tender mercies of the Lord."


Ahhh so good.

Well Happy Thursday:)


2 comments: