Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How I celebrated my 21st Birthday!

My 21st Birthday was so wonderful! First off, I have the greatest friends in the world. I am so lucky.

Like I said last post, I thought this year it would be really fun to celebrate my 21st birthday by doing an act of service for each year of my life, thus far. I planned out 21 acts of service and it was a huge success! I am so happy that I did it because it definitely made this birthday one to remember. It was so much fun and it made my this birthday so special. I decided that I now want to make it a yearly tradition.

My 21 Acts of Service
1.) Went to the Temple. (The best way to start a birthday!)

2.) Left Donuts for my roommates for breakfast.


3.) Left a thank-you note with candy for the Mailman.
4.) Tucked nice notes on cars


5.) Took my co-workers Cinnamon Rolls

6.) Posted Notes on the mirrors in the girls bathroom saying things like "You are Beautiful!"


7.) Wrote and sent some letters to missionaries I haven't talked to in a while.


8.) Taped dollar bills to the Vending Machines.


9.) Complimented People.

10.) Thanked someone who helped me figure out the printer at my work.


11.) Picked up and threw away someone's trash for them. (The guy was baffled that I asked to take his trash. He also was hesitant that I was a girl, but o well!)

12.) Indexed names for Family History


13.)Taped Notes of encouragement in front of the treadmills in the BYU women's locker room gym. (The girls already working out were all looking at me wondering what I was taping. That was fun.)


14.) Donated a bag of clothes to the D.I.


15.) Paid for the person behind me in the Mcdonalds drive thru. (This was probably one of my favorite things I did. I loved driving off while watching the people in the car behind me pull up to the front. It made me so happy.)

16.) Went to Spoon it Up and gave the cashier 10 dollars to pay for the next to people who came in. (He seriously looked at me like I was crazy for doing that, but happily did it for me!)


17.) Made brownies to take to my visiting teachees.


18.) Gave Thank-you notes with a candy bar to the security guards at the library.

19.)Handed out candy to people studying in the Periodicals. (This part was so much fun. Chet helped me and we had such a blast handing out candy. Everyone seemed so happy and surprised when we handed them candy. I think we were able to give candy to everyone in the periodicals that was sitting at a table. This was another one of my favorite activities)


20.) Opened the door for someone

21.) Went to an intramural basketball game and left some thank-you notes and candy bars for the refs. (This part made me so happy. It is tournament time in intramurals and people can get intense! The supervisor looked so happy and told me that the game before was really hard for the refs and



As I look at the list of things I did I realize that many of the things were similar, but I counted each individually. It was seriously so much fun. My birthday was marvelous because of it. If you want to have a good birthday yall should totally do it:)

Well the day ended up being great:)

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing Elysse. What an example for all of us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elysse! I just found your blog! Can I just say you are the cutest and sweetest person ever?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! How much candy did you have on hand? :)

    ReplyDelete