After the museum we headed back to the Institute to figure out our travel plans for the weekend. We were planning on going to Cinque Terra, Italy, but it got to complicated, so we decided to change that to another weekend. I think we are going to head to Budapest, Hungary and Bratislava, Slovakia this weekend. It should be fun.
After German class we decided to come back to our house and do a little grocery shopping. Lyndsi and I were proud because we accomplished our first Austrian grocery trip. The cashier even thought we were Austrian! We got back to our house, cooked some dinner, then spent some time outside with Frau Alfons. She is so great. She is so good to us already. She makes our beds every morning and brings us treats. She is the cutest. She also is such a good help with German.
Last Night was exceptionally fun: My favorite night in Vienna so far. Lyndsi and I went to Prader Park with some new Austrian friends. It is like an amusement park/carnival? There are a ton of rides that you can pay to go on. Lyndsi wanted to go there because her boyfriend Buck said we HAD to ride the swings. When we first got there we rode this ride called the Black Mamba. It was so scary! You would be flung up in the air and spin around all at the same time. It was hilarious hearing everyone scream. There was a time that we all thought we were going to fall off it. It was probably the scariest/fun ride that I have been on. After, we walked around the park looking for other fun rides. We would dance and listen to all the American Music that was playing including “Party Rock Anthem.” There was a point where we did the shuffle in the middle of the park. It was a blast. Before we left we rode the swings. This was probably the coolest thing I have done in Vienna. The swings were so tall. Way taller than your typical swing ride at an amusement park. You were up so high that you could see ALL of Vienna. It was beautiful, especially since we were riding the swings at night time. It was almost surreal. It really hit me that I was in Vienna, Austria! I was finally conquering one of my dreams! I was filled with gratitude. I am just so thankful I am here and that I have already been able to make Austrian friends! O it was so great.
After Prader Park we got on the Ubahn they took us to their favorite ice cream place! It was off Schwedplace? I loved this stop in the city. There were people everywhere and so many shops with beautiful architecture around it. I really felt as if I was in another country. The ice cream we got was amazing. I got three flavors: Mozart, Momo, and coconut. It was so yummy! Mozart was this flavor based off the Mozart chocolate balls, a popular candy here in Vienna. Momo was this peanut butter, caramel type flavor(this was my favorite), then coconut was nice and creamy! O it was delicious. We walked around the rest of the city and explored with our ice cream. We walked around Stephan’s dome. Then they showed us an amazing part of the city! O it was so beautiful. It was just what Lyndsi and I had wanted to explore. We saw the Habspurg Palace and went to the Museum quarter. O it was so beautiful. They also showed us this area where all the locals hang out at night and just visit. I felt so artsy being around there. It really was such a wonderful night. I loved every moment of it. I just feel so lucky to be here studying!!
Tonight we are going to the circus with some new Austrian friends! I am excited!
These pictures remind me of Denmark and make me so happy! I'm so glad to hear that you're having such an amazing time already!!! Sorry I'm probably going to be commenting on all of your blog posts....expect it haha!
ReplyDelete