Sunday, September 4, 2011

SEC...WHAT?

This weekend was a blast.
It stared off with my family and I packing up the car and driving to Tupelo, Mississippi. What a beautiful drive it was! Gosh, I just love the South. The trees and greenery are beautiful!
It was about a five hour drive. We got to our hotel, got dressed, then headed to the nearby stake center for the BYU Football team fireside. We got there and it was PACKED! Luckily, we had seats saved for us. The stake center held 650 people, but 1,500 people showed up. It was amazing to see that we were thousands of miles away from Utah, but there were SOO many BYU fans!

When we were there I was able to meet up with a lot of my EFY kids from Florida and Georgia. It made me so happy.
The fireside consisted of the BYU football players, Bronco, and his wife, bearing their testimonies and giving us a spiritual thought. Not only was the fireside fun, but it was very uplifting. It definitely got us all excited for the big game the next day at Ole Miss.







We woke up and left to Ole Miss around 10:30. We didn't get there until 12:30ish. The tailgating at Ole Miss was insane! Tailgaters and Ole Miss fans everywhere! It was amazing. I wish BYU's tailgating got like that. We went to the BYU tailgating section where we met up with the Thorderson's. That is when the painting began. Mckay, Gunnar, and Dugan were painted completely blue. They looked like smurfs. We then walked through The Grove (Ole Miss's tailgating area) and headed to the game. What a game it was! I am not going to lie, the majority of it was boring. It was not an exciting game, we did not do well. The 4th quarter was when it got crazy. O boy did it get insane. We ended up pulling through and beating an SEC team! Hotty Toddy what?!? Hahah it was so great. OLE MISS fans were not too happy. After the game I was seriously shocked at how nice they all were to us. I thought people were going to be talking trash! I mean they were, but everyone was still so nice. They would tell us good game, or if they would start to smack talk they would apologize. One girl even came up to us and said "I hope everyone is being nice to yall!" O my it just made me miss the south so much. I seriously love Southern Hospitality. Everyone at Ole Miss was so welcoming and kind. I loved it.


It was a great weekend! I feel so lucky that I got to experience a little bit of fall semester before I leave to Vienna. I got to go to school, see all my friends, and then experience a BYU football game. I leave in 4 day...Crazy eh?

Welp...GO BYU:)

No comments:

Post a Comment