Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

I have now been back at BYU.. living on my own.. for about a week. Let me tell you...although it has only been a week, it has definitely been a roller coaster ride.
I am happy to say it is now going a lot better. Luckily I have some amazing friends that I knew before I came to summer term, and they have been helping me out along the way.

Well heres an update on my life here in oootah so far.

So far I have been starving. hahah Luckily Abby has been teaching me how to cook, and Jenaca has been feeding me. haha Seriously it is ridiculously sad how bad of cook I am. For example, yesterday I was trying to bake some fourth of July cookies since I was feeling festive and lets just say it went really wrong. haha All i had to do was put them on the tray and throw them in the oven! Well that was a fail. hahah I burnt them. Then I was trying to make puppy chow, definitely messed up the whole chocolate/peanut butter ingredients and had to start over. haha I finally had a success and made it right after a couple of tries. Also, since Abby has been helping me out too, I was able to make some really yummy guacamole:) Well my new goal for the semester or even year is to learn how to cook and be amazing at it:) This goal definitely may take a while to accomplish, but I am excited to learn!!
The guacamole I made with Abby!:)Me making my own guacamole:)
Cookie Fail Fail hahah
Success! Finally! haha
Spanish is hard. I absolutely love it though! I am so intrigued with it and I want to be fluent so bad! I have been hanging out with Alex and a lot of his friends lately and mostly all of them speak Spanish fluently. When I am with them it makes me so excited to learn. One day we went to this Chilean restaurant and the owners just spoke Spanish to us. It was so neat!! Then the other night we went to Brigham's and had a Mate party. Mate is this weird drink thing that all the Spanish speaking missionaries love. It originated in Argentina I think? It is like herbal tea. I had the wonderful opportunity to try it Sunday night. And o boy was it an experience. hahah It tasted like...well I will just let yall try it and find out yourself!
Our Chilean Meal!
Ashley and I
The other Amigos!

Sunday was a really difficult day for me. I don't know. It was just hard. Luckily I have one of the greatest cousins in the world and she invited me over for Sunday dinner. Ashley and I went over there and it was just what I needed! We ate, then played the board game SORRY, then just talked. I love Jenaca and Stephen. They are such a fun couple and I am so excited to live near them! I am excited for our new Sunday traditions:)
After I left Jenaca and Stephen's, my sisters surprised me and brought me cups, plates, and bowls! It was seriously so nice. I have the best sisters ever. I am so lucky to live close to them now.

I love my new plates and things:)

Well I also have been doing a lot of fun things this past week!
I was able to go to a rope swing which was a blast! I went to the ward social where I showed everyone my legit silly bands, went to sammy's, iceblock, reunion with 3100 boys, tennis, and bonfire. I have a feeling as the semester goes on, I am going to have to fun!






OOOO!! My bike finally arrived! I can't wait to start riding it:)



Adios mis amigos
hasta la próxima vez

1 comment:

  1. WWEEEIIIII!elysse, i am now a follower also. ha and i appreciated the shout out. this summer is going to be one to remember, and dont worry, we're going to be hablando en espanol in no time. tu y yo, juntos, si se puede.

    ReplyDelete