Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School..


I am not going to lie, but I really was not looking forward to driving back to Provo this morning. I didn't really want to go to school.

But I AM SO GLAD I DID.

Today was wonderful. A perfect way to end my time in Provo.

I thought I might get sad going to campus, seeing everyone, feeling the excitement of a new year, but it actually just made me even more ecstatic to go to Austria


I loved walking around campus, going to the periodicals, and walking around the Wilk, running into so many people that I love and missed this summer. It was a blast seeing everyone. There was one point while I was in the Wilk where I felt like I knew EVERY single person who walked by. It was fun. What was so bizarre to me was that I kept running into friends of mine that had just gotten off their missions! Running into someone after 2 years on campus is so weird! It is only weird because when I see them, it feels like they never even left. I love that feeling. Not seeing someone for so long, but then when you finally do, it is like nothing has changed.
That made me feel really peaceful about leaving. 3 months is not a long time at all.

Today I was reminded of all the wonderful people in my life. I am truly blessed.
I have the most amazing friends. I really do. I will sure miss them.


I am suppose to be in Austria this semester, I just know it. I feel like it is going to be so good for me to have an adventure, to learn and grow. Last year was a hard year. It was a REALLY hard year. My confidence and self-esteem were at an all time low. I have been building it back up. This summer I really re-evaluated my life and have worked on getting my confidence back up. I feel a HUGE improvement. I am FINALLY happy again. I FINALLY feel like I am back to the good old me. My confidence and self-esteem are back, and I am loving it. The Elysse I always loved is back.I feel like going to Austria is really going to help me solidify the person I am suppose to be. It is going to help solidify my confidence. This semester is going to help me stay the person that I love. It is going to help me be me.

That is what made today so great. The time I spent on campus was full of confirmations that I need Austria. I am suppose to be there.

I have a feeling it is going to be a great year.

2 comments:

  1. You felt like you knew every person who walked by because you know every person on BYU campus! I love you for that! You're the friendliest! I am so excited for you to go to Vienna!!!! You'll have so many amazing experiences there! So glad you stopped by Britt's last night so we could say goodbye to you! I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for going out of your way to see me, I really appreciated it, and I'm going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete